Competes in athletic events.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Recreation, Amusements and Attractions pathway.
A person in this career:
- Attends scheduled practice or training sessions.
- Participates in athletic events or competitive sports, according to established rules and regulations.
- Exercises or practices under the direction of athletic trainers or professional coaches to develop skills, improve physical condition, or prepare for competitions.
- Maintains equipment used in a particular sport.
- Maintains optimum physical fitness levels by training regularly, following nutrition plans, or consulting with health professionals.
- Assesses performance following athletic competition, identifying strengths and weaknesses and making adjustments to improve future performance.
- Receives instructions from coaches and other sports staff prior to events, and discusses their performance afterwards.
- Represents teams or professional sports clubs, performing such activities as meeting with members of the media, making speeches, or participating in charity events.
- Leads teams by serving as captain.