Supervises and coordinates activities of slot department workers to provide service to patrons. Handles and settles complaints of players. Verifies and pays off jackpots. Resets slot machines after payoffs. Makes repairs or adjustments to slot machines or recommends removal of slot machines for repair. Reports hazards and enforces safety rules.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Recreation, Amusements and Attractions pathway.
A person in this career:
- Monitors payment of hand-delivered jackpots to ensure promptness.
- Monitors functioning of slot machine coin dispensers and fills coin hoppers when necessary.
- Responds to and resolves patrons' complaints.
- Patrols assigned areas to ensure that players are following rules and that machines are functioning correctly.
- Resets slot machines after payoffs.
- Performs minor repairs or makes adjustments to slot machines, resolving problems such as machine tilts and coin jams.
- Records the specifics of malfunctioning machines and documents malfunctions needing repair.
- Exchanges currency for customers, converting currency into requested combinations of bills and coins.
- Answers patrons' questions about gaming machine functions and payouts.
- Attaches "out of order" signs to malfunctioning machines, and notifies technicians when machines need to be repaired or removed.