Operates equipment on board military aircraft during operations. May specialize by type of aircraft, such as bomber, intelligence, transport, or search and rescue.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster National Security pathway.
A person in this career:
- Operates aircraft communication and radar equipment.
- Operates and maintains aircraft defensive gunnery systems.
- Operates helicopter hoists to lift equipment and personnel from land and sea.
- Operates and maintains aircraft in-flight refueling systems.
- Maintains flight operations equipment.
- Performs aircraft maintenance, weight and balance calculations.
- Analyzes and classifies data.
- Safeguards classified materials.