Buys and sells securities or commodities in investment and trading firms, or provides financial services to businesses and individuals. May advise customers about stocks, bonds, mutual funds, commodities, and market conditions.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Securities and Investments pathway.
A person in this career:
- Determines customers' financial services needs and prepares proposals to sell services that address these needs.
- Prepares forms or agreements to complete sales.
- Sells services or equipment, such as trusts, investments, or check processing services.
- Contacts prospective customers to present information and explain available services.
- Develops prospects from current commercial customers, referral leads, or sales or trade meetings.
- Evaluates costs and revenue of agreements to determine continued profitability.
- Reviews business trends to advise customers regarding expected fluctuations.
- Makes presentations on financial services to groups to attract new clients.