Inspects, maintains, and repairs survival equipment, such as parachutes, aircraft life control equipment, and air-sea rescue equipment.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster National Security pathway.
A person in this career:
- Performs maintenance/repairs/riggings for aircraft and man-mounted systems including emergency parachutes, seat survival kits, life rafts, life preservers, anti-exposure assemblies.
- Packs parachutes for safe operation.
- Repairs life rafts and loads them with emergency provisions.
- Operates and maintains oxygen test stands, liquid oxygen convert test stands.
- Stocks aircraft with fire extinguishers, flares, and survival provisions.
- Trains crews in the use of survival equipment.
- Assembles, maintains and repairs protective fabric components such as clothing and upholstery.
- Operates and maintains sewing machines including adjustment and lubrication.