Welcomes patrons, seats them at tables or in a lounge, and helps ensure quality of facilities and service.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Restaurants and Food/Beverage Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Greets guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Provides guests with menus.
- Assigns patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Speaks with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, to respond to complaints, or to make conversation.
- Answers telephone calls and responds to inquiries or transfer calls.
- Maintains contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
- Inspects dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Informs patrons of establishment specialties and features.
- Receives and records patrons' dining reservations.
- Inspects restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and cleans restrooms when necessary.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.