Plans, directs, or coordinates the training and development activities and staff of an organization.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Human Resources Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares training budget for department or organization.
- Evaluates instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Analyzes training needs to develop new training programs or modifies and improves existing programs.
- Conducts or arranges for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
- Plans, develops, and provides training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Conducts orientation sessions and arranges on-the-job training for new hires.
- Confers with management and conducts surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Trains instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Develops and organizes training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Develops testing and evaluation procedures.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.