Prepares warning, control, and evacuation plans for all types of emergencies. Coordinates emergency response teams during disasters.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster National Security pathway.
A person in this career:
- Organizes emergency teams for quick responses to disaster situations.
- Researches ways to respond to possible disaster situations with modeling and simulation technology.
- Conducts training programs for specialized disaster response teams.
- Develops joint disaster response plans with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Obtains supplies, equipment, and protective gear.
- Develops warning systems and safe shelters.
- Directs disaster control centers.
- Performs risk assessment activities to evaluate chemical, physical, and biological hazards.