Leads or manages the development and evaluation of potential wind energy business opportunities, including environmental studies, permitting, and proposals. May also manage construction of projects.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster General Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Coordinates or directs development, energy assessment, engineering, or construction activities to ensure that wind project needs and objectives are met.
- Manages wind project costs to stay within budget limits.
- Leads or supports negotiations involving tax agreements or abatements, power purchase agreements, land use, or interconnection agreements.
- Creates wind energy project plans, including project scope, goals, tasks, resources, schedules, costs, contingencies, or other project information.
- Supervises the work of subcontractors or consultants to ensure quality and conformance to specifications or budgets.
- Develops scope of work for wind project functions, such as design, site assessment, environmental studies, surveying, or field support services.
- Provides verbal or written project status reports to project teams, management, subcontractors, customers, or owners.
- Updates schedules, estimates, forecasts, or budgets for wind projects.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of applications for environmental, building, or other required permits.
- Reviews or evaluates proposals or bids to make recommendations regarding awarding of contracts.