Provides non-classroom, academic instruction to students on an individual or small-group basis for proactive or remedial purposes.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Teaching/Training pathway.
A person in this career:
- Provides feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.
- Teaches students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies.
- Provides private instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance, improve occupational skills, or prepare for academic or occupational tests.
- Reviews class material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
- Assesses students' progress throughout tutoring sessions.
- Schedules tutoring appointments with students or their parents.
- Monitors student performance or assists students in academic environments, such as classrooms, laboratories, or computing centers.
- Participates in training and development sessions to improve tutoring practices or learn new tutoring techniques.
- Organizes tutoring environment to promote productivity and learning.
- Develops teaching or training materials, such as handouts, study materials, or quizzes.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.