Plans and sells transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determines destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients’ travel problems.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Travel and Tourism pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collects payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Converses with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Computes cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Books transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Plans, describes, arranges, and sells itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Provides customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Prints or requests transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.