Prepares and provides flight information for military air and ground crews.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster National Security pathway.
A person in this career:
- Processes cross country and local flight clearances, including examination for conformance with flight rules and regulations.
- Keeps flight logs on incoming and outgoing flights.
- Keeps air crew flying records and flight operations records.
- Receives and posts weather information and flight plan data.
- Coordinates air crew needs, such as ground transportation.
- Plans aircraft equipment needs for air evacuation and dangerous cargo flights.
- Checks military flight plans with civilian agencies.
- Encodes, decodes, and posts messages to airmen.
- Maintains flight operations equipment in a tactical environment.