Compiles and records employee time and payroll data. May compute employees' time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Reviews time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Processes paperwork for new employees and enters employee information into the payroll system.
- Verifies attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and posts information onto designated records.
- Computes wages and deductions, and enters data into computers.
- Records employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Processes and issues employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Keeps track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Compiles employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Distributes and collects timecards each pay period.
- Issues and records adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.