Operates and maintains catapults, arresting gear, and other equipment used in aircraft carrier takeoff and landing operations.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster National Security pathway.
A person in this career:
- Operates consoles to control launch and recovery equipment, including catapults and arresting gear.
- Operates elevators to transfer aircraft between flight and storage decks.
- Installs and maintains visual landing aids.
- Tests and adjusts launch and recovery equipment.
- Installs airfield crash barriers and barricades.
- Directs aircraft launch and recovery operations.
- Operates and services aircraft ground-handling equipment and machinery.
- Operates and services aircraft crash, firefighting, and rescue equipment.