Directs and coordinates operational, administrative, management, and supportive services of a U.S. post office; or coordinates activities of workers engaged in postal and related work in assigned post office.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster Public Management and Administration pathway.
A person in this career:
- Organizes and supervises activities such as the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Directs and coordinates operational, management, and supportive services of one or a number of postal facilities.
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Hires and trains employees, and evaluates their performance.
- Prepares employee work schedules.
- Prepares and submits detailed and summary reports of post office activities to designated supervisors.
- Negotiates labor disputes.
- Collects rents for post office boxes.
- Issues and cashes money orders.
- Informs the public of available services, and of postal laws and regulations.