Uses word processor, computer or typewriter to type letters, reports, forms, or other material from rough draft, corrected copy, or voice recording. May perform other clerical duties as assigned.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Checks completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Performs other clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Gathers, registers, and arranges the material to be typed, following instructions.
- Types correspondence, reports, text and other written material from rough drafts, corrected copies, voice recordings, dictation or previous versions, using a computer, word processor, or typewriter.
- Files and stores completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, or maintains a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update and delete documents.
- Prints and makes copies of work.
- Keeps records of work performed.
- Computes and verifies totals on report forms, requisitions, or bills, using adding machine or calculator.
- Collates pages of reports and other documents prepared.
- Electronically sorts and compiles text and numerical data, retrieving, updating, and merging documents as required.