Conducts recreation activities with groups in public, private, or volunteer agencies or recreation facilities. Organizes and promotes activities, such as arts and crafts, sports, games, music, dramatics, social recreation, camping, and hobbies, taking into account the needs and interests of individual members.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Recreation, Amusements and Attractions pathway.
A person in this career:
- Enforces rules and regulations of recreational facilities to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
- Manages the daily operations of recreational facilities.
- Administers first aid according to prescribed procedures and notifies emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Organizes, leads, and promotes interest in recreational activities, such as arts, crafts, sports, games, camping, and hobbies.
- Greets new arrivals to activities, introducing them to other participants, explaining facility rules, and encouraging participation.
- Supervises and coordinates the work activities of personnel, such as training staff members and assigning work duties.
- Confers with management to discuss and resolve participant complaints.
- Explains principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants in recreational activities and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
- Completes and maintains time and attendance forms and inventory lists.
- Evaluates recreation areas, facilities, and services to determine if they are producing desired results.