Performs a variety of attending duties at amusement or recreation facility. May schedule use of recreation facilities, maintain and provide equipment to participants of sporting events or recreational pursuits, or operate amusement concessions and rides.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Recreation, Amusements and Attractions pathway.
A person in this career:
- Sells tickets to and collects fees from customers.
- Sells and serves refreshments to customers.
- Records details of attendance, sales, receipts, reservations, and repair activities.
- Provides information about facilities, entertainment options, rules, and regulations.
- Directs patrons to rides, seats, or attractions.
- Monitors activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures, or arranges for the removal of unruly patrons.
- Cleans sporting equipment, vehicles, rides, booths, facilities, or grounds.
- Keeps informed of shut-down and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Operates machines to clean, smooth, and prepare the ice surfaces of rinks for activities such as skating, hockey, and curling.
- Operates, drives, or explains the use of mechanical riding devices or other automatic equipment in amusement parks, carnivals, or recreation areas.