Teaches courses in health specialties, in fields such as dentistry, laboratory technology, medicine, pharmacy, public health, therapy, and veterinary medicine.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Teaching/Training pathway.
A person in this career:
- Evaluates and grades students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepares course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Supervises undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Supervises laboratory sessions.
- Plans, evaluates, and revises curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
- Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Prepares and delivers lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as public health, stress management, and work site health promotion.