Plans, directs or coordinates an organization's support services, such as recordkeeping, mail distribution, telephone and reception, staff and other office support services. May oversee facilities planning and maintenance and custodial operations.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Directs or coordinates the supportive services department of a business, agency, or organization.
- Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Sets goals and deadlines for the department.
- Acquires, distributes and stores supplies.
- Analyzes internal processes and recommends and implements procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records.
- Plans, administers, and controls budgets for contracts, equipment, and supplies.
- Monitors the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well-maintained.
- Hires and terminates clerical and administrative personnel.
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Oversees construction and renovation projects to improve efficiency and to ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with government regulations.