Plans, directs, or coordinates activities of an organization or department that serves food and beverages.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Restaurants and Food/Beverage Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Monitors compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Counts money and makes bank deposits.
- Monitors food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Investigates and resolves complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Coordinates assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Monitors budgets and payroll records, and reviews financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Schedules and receives food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Maintains food and equipment inventories, and keeps inventory records.
- Schedules staff hours and assigns duties.
- Establishes standards for personnel performance and customer service.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.