Performs duties that are instructional in nature or deliver direct services to students or parents. Serves in a position for which a teacher has ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Teaching/Training pathway.
A person in this career:
- Provides extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and mental disabilities.
- Supervises students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
- Tutors and assists children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Enforces administration policies and rules governing students.
- Discusses assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Instructs and monitors students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Observes students' performance, and records relevant data to assess progress.
- Presents subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.