Applies interior or exterior plaster, cement, stucco, or similar materials. May also set ornamental plaster.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Covers surfaces such as windows, doors, or sidewalks to protect from splashing.
- Cleans job sites.
- Mixes mortar and plaster to desired consistency or directs workers who perform mixing.
- Sets up scaffolds.
- Applies coats of plaster or stucco to walls, ceilings, or partitions of buildings, using trowels, brushes, or spray guns.
- Determines materials needed to complete the job and places orders accordingly.
- Applies weatherproof, decorative coverings to exterior surfaces of buildings, such as by troweling or spraying on coats of stucco.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces for applications of plaster, cement, stucco, or similar materials, such as by drywall taping.
- Creates decorative textures in finish coat, using brushes or trowels, sand, pebbles, or stones.
- Applies insulation to building exteriors by installing prefabricated insulation systems over existing walls or by covering the outer wall with insulation board, reinforcing mesh, and a base coat.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.