Assists patrons at hotel, apartment, or office building with personal services. May take messages, arrange or give advice on transportation, business services or entertainment, or monitor guest requests for housekeeping and maintenance.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Lodging pathway.
A person in this career:
- Makes dining and other reservations for patrons, and obtains tickets for events.
- Provides information about local features, such as shopping, dining, nightlife, or recreational destinations.
- Makes travel arrangements for sightseeing or other tours.
- Receives, stores, or delivers luggage or mail.
- Performs office duties on a temporary basis when needed.
- Picks up and delivers items or runs errands for guests.
- Carries out unusual requests, such as searching for hard-to-find items or arranging for exotic services, such as hot-air balloon rides.
- Arranges for the replacement of items lost by travelers.
- Arranges for interpreters or translators when patrons require such services.
- Plans special events, parties, and meetings, which may include booking musicians or celebrities to appear.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.