Special Forces officers provide battle management while directing infantry and weapons crew members. These officers are called upon to lead forces in offensive raids, demolitions, intelligence gathering and search and rescue missions. An ability to manage and inspire people is essential in this field, where fast decision making can change the course of an entire conflict.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster National Security pathway.
A person in this career:
- Trains personnel in parachute, scuba diving, and special combat techniques.
- Plans missions and coordinates plans with other forces as needed.
- Trains personnel for special missions using simulated mission conditions.
- Leads special forces teams in accomplishing mission objectives.
- Directs and supervises administrative activities of special forces units.