Coordinates activities of staff and convention personnel to make arrangements for group meetings and conventions.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Monitors event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Confers with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Inspects event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
- Coordinates services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Consults with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Meets with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Reviews event bills for accuracy, and approve payment.
- Evaluates and selects providers of services according to customer requirements.
- Arranges the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
- Plans and develops programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.