Interviews persons by telephone, mail, in person, or by other means for the purpose of completing forms, applications, or questionnaires. Asks specific questions, records answers, and assists persons with completing form. May sort, classify, and file forms.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Asks questions in accordance with instructions to obtain various specified information, such as person's name, address, age, religious preference, or state of residency.
- Contacts individuals to be interviewed at home, place of business, or field location, by telephone, mail, or in person.
- Compiles, records, and codes results or data from interview or survey, using computer or specified form.
- Reviews data obtained from interview for completeness and accuracy.
- Explains survey objectives and procedures to interviewees and interprets survey questions to help interviewees' comprehension.
- Identifies and resolves inconsistencies in interviewees' responses by means of appropriate questioning or explanation.
- Identifies and reports problems in obtaining valid data.
- Meets with supervisor daily to submit completed assignments and discuss progress.
- Ensures payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Assists individuals in filling out applications or questionnaires.