Writes technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. May assist in layout work.
This career is part of the Arts, Audio-Video Technology and Communications cluster Journalism and Broadcasting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Edits, standardizes, or makes changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Interviews production and engineering personnel and reads journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Develops or maintains online help documentation.
- Assists in laying out material for publication.
- Studies drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Arranges for typing, duplication, and distribution of material.
- Observes production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.