Makes and confirms reservations for transportation or lodging, or sells transportation tickets. May check baggage and direct passengers to designated concourse, pier, or track; deliver tickets, contact individuals and groups to inform them of package tours; or provide tourists with travel or transportation information.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Travel and Tourism pathway.
A person in this career:
- Examines passenger documentation to determine destinations and to assign boarding passes.
- Traces lost, delayed, or misdirected baggage for customers.
- Checks baggage and cargo and directs passengers to designated locations for loading.
- Provides boarding or disembarking assistance to passengers needing special assistance.
- Confers with customers to determine their service requirements and travel preferences.
- Announces arrival and departure information, using public address systems.
- Determines whether space is available on travel dates requested by customers, assigning requested spaces when available.
- Assembles and issues required documentation, such as tickets, travel insurance policies, and itineraries.
- Maintains computerized inventories of available passenger space and provides information on space reserved or available.
- Informs clients of essential travel information, such as travel times, transportation connections, and medical and visa requirements.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.