Exchanges coins, tokens, and chips for patrons' money. May issue payoffs and obtain customer's signature on receipt. May operate a booth in the slot machine area and furnish change persons with money bank at the start of the shift, or count and audit money in drawers.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Recreation, Amusements and Attractions pathway.
A person in this career:
- Keeps accurate records of monetary exchanges, authorization forms, and transaction reconciliations.
- Exchanges money, credit, and casino chips, and makes change for customers.
- Maintains cage security according to rules.
- Counts money and audits money drawers.
- Reconciles daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Listens for jackpot alarm bells and issues payoffs to winners.
- Sells gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Obtains customers' signatures on receipts when winnings exceed the amount held in a slot machine.
- Calculates the value of chips won or lost by players.
- Works in and monitors an assigned area on the casino floor where slot machines are located.