Directs daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Tracks volume and weight of landfill waste.
- Recommends or implements practices to reduce turnaround time for trucks in and out of landfill site.
- Prepares reports on landfill operations and gas collection system productivity or efficiency.
- Diagnoses or troubleshoots gas collection equipment and programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
- Coordinates the repair, overhaul, or routine maintenance of diesel engines used in landfill operations.
- Reads meters, gauges, or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify gas collection systems operating conditions.
- Supervises landfill, well field, and other subordinate employees.
- Prepares and manages landfill gas collection system budgets.
- Prepares soil reports as required by regulatory or permitting agencies.
- Oversees landfill gas collection system construction, maintenance, and repair activities.